Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rimmel lipstick

I've heard so many raves about this lipstick that I thought I must give it a try. And here it is, Rimmel moisture renew lipstick in 180 Vintage Pink. It is a pretty dusty mauve pink color. From the pictures that I've seen before, I thought it would be a pretty light pink everyday color, but it turns out that I was wrong. If you take a picture with a flash it looks light pink, but in real life it's definitely a deeper color. Anyways, let's move on to the actual product...I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed by it. Yes the color is very pretty, yes, it's cheap (4euro) and packaging doesn't look too bad, it's quite pretty actually. Once you put it on, it will last for hours, because it basically sticks to your lips, however it has a big fat minus- it was super drying on my lips. If you don't apply some gloss over it, which I didn't because I wanted a pure lipstick color and no shine to my lips, it will dry out your lips. I will be wearing it, because it's a nice color, but when you use it, make sure that your lips are moisturized very well beforehand.

Rank of the product 3/5, will I repurchase it again? Most definitely not.

P.S. Isn't it ironic that it's called moisture renew lipstick? Maybe it's just me, but I got zero moisture from it. I'll give it another try, though:)


No comments:

Post a Comment