Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goodies from France

I should be studying statistics now, but my head is off for the moment so I thought I'll give it a break and do a blog post instead. I wanna share with you a couple of products that my dad brought me from France while he was there. I've been wanting them for a long time and so I finally got them! I asked my dad to grab me the infamous Embyolisse Lait-Creme Concentre face moisturizer if he steps into the French pharmacy. He found the cream and picked it up for me:) The price was 13 euro, which is very reasonable for a tube of 100ml moisturizer. My skin was driving me crazy the past few months. Oily, dry, flaky, sensitive, acne prone...hrrr just all the worst features. So Emryolisse moisturizer is very famous among make up artists, dermatologists, it's simply a must-have in the beauty industry. Basically because it suits all skin types, even the most sensitive skin, it contains all natural ingredients, water and vitamins. Here is the description of what it's supposed to do:

"Moisturised, nourished and repaired, the skin is supple and elastic once more. It is plumped, smoothed, and incredibly soft. Signs of dryness and discomfort disappear, leaving the skin soothed. Its creamy milk texture leaves a satin film, even on dry skin."


I would say that it's a perfect moisturizer if you have a dry skin that needs to be plumped with nutrition and needs a good moisture. If your skin is dry, it will make a perfect make up base for you. You can see Pixiwoo sisters do that as they both have very dry skin. Their skin is nearly perfect whatsoever. 


I've been treating my acne with Avene's Diacneal cream and it dried out the parts of my skin that were treated so badly. The imperfections dried out and peeled together with my skin so it was really flaky. I've been using Emryolisse all over my face before going to sleep for about a week now and as it's quite a rich cream, I prefer using it at night time only. In the morning I wake up with supper soft, well moisturised and plumped skin. I really like that the cream doesn't have a strong annoying scent and I'll be definitely using it when i have dry skin issues (which is rare for me, but oh well). I wouldn't use it during the day time, simply because I have very oily skin, but if yours is on a dryer side, give it a go. I can recommend it to everyone!



  Another product is Miss Dior Cherie perfume! It was on the top of my perfume wishlist for quite a long time. I just love this scent! It's very me, very girly, sweet, intense and flirty perfume. Might not be for everyone..I'm sure most of my family members would feel sick after smelling it, but it's just what I like (perfume, not sick people). I'm not going into details telling you about the notes, cause I don't think I'm very good at describing scents, but I definitely see a strawberry soaked in caramel, with sprinkles of sugar on top, laying in a bowl next to the vase of full of jasmine branches picked from the garden. Few spritz of this perfume will last a really long time so spray it directly on your skin if you don't want your clothes to smell like this for weeks (not that I don't change my clothes, but it can be a scarf or something that doesn't require a frequent wash).
  I have the eau de parfum version, which is way more intense and contains different notes than eau de toilette version, which doesn't have the notes of strawberry, musk and violette, but has vanilla instead. I like both scents and now there has been a new version of Miss Dior Cherie eau de parfum released, starring Natalie Portman. Most of you have probably already seen the advertisement and heard about the whole Galliano drama. I haven't smelled it yet so cannot compare the two. But for now I love my new perfume and the elegant carefree feel it gives me. 


Eve
xxx










No comments:

Post a Comment