Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer blues

I love blue nail polish and summer is the season I reach for it the most. When I go for color on my nails, blue makes me the happiest. I have a few variations of it. Lilacs are pretty too but they just make my hands look deathly, blue compliments most skin tones, I find. When brands like Chanel come with collections that have blues in it (Les Jeans de Chanel), my heart skips a beat. Coco Blue is still tempting me a lot!
Here's Essie Lapis of Luxury on my nails and it's soo sooo pretty! The creamy pacific blue, I just can't get enough of it.
Left to right: Lithuanian polish that's nearly impossible to find, Chanel's Coco Blue is a similar option;
Chanel Blue Boy- a darker jean type of blue, not as pastel, very unique;
Loreal- French Riviera. LOVE! The palest of them all and the one I think I love the most. It also lasts for a whole week and has a gel texture! Remember Chanel Riva? Very similar.
Manhattan-67S, that's a very unique one, it's a purple-ish blue, the shade of violets. 
Essie Lapis of Luxury

What are your favourite blues?

Ieva
xx

19 comments:

  1. Essie's Turquoise and Caicos. It looks a little like Loreal's French Riviera. The other day I was buying some Chanel makeup and the lady said: "Oh my god, I love that nail color, it's so cute!" I receive so many compliments when I wear it. And you're right, these colors just make me be in a good mood all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, how sweet when someone compliments you polish, not to mention a Chanel girl! :))

      Delete
  2. Rimmel's i love lasting finish 170 lively lilac, love it!
    Gotta check out the manhattan polish, looks really nice :).
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *it's rather violet, but in some lights it has a blue touch and it lasts for at least 4 days on your nails.

      Delete
  3. I really love the French Riviera by L'Oreal. I thought it was going to be a cheap looking blue color but it is actually very pretty on the nail. Needs at least 3 coats to look pretty on me, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's really pretty, not cheap at all to me. I need to coats:)

      Delete
  4. Very cute! I like sky blue the best, I wear it ALL the time. the colour you have is really beautiful though!xxx
    ps- we are running a little comp on our blog where you can win a designer skirt! You should enter :) http://haemeandrobecca.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/jessica-grubisa-competition.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that nail color

    xo
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I don't think it is an elegant nail color at all, it looks kind of cheap to me.... I much prefer burgundies, plums or reds.

    Blue is a color I would see pre-teens or teens wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, it's your opinion. I love blues and as I said it's my fave color when I don't wear reds/burgundies/nudes.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love these by Manhattan and Essie! I think blues are perfect for summer, remind me of sea and beach... Stunning! And I love the new design of your blog. Very clear and easy to read :) Hugs and kisses from Poland! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this colour! Would you like to follow each other on gfc?
    http://tugbates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Būtent tokį atspalvį kaip tavasis ESSIE ir aš turiu, jis man atrodo labai elegantiškas ir tinkamas kasdienai.

    Linkėjimai iš:
    Makeup Demon blog
    Makeup Demon Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete